Helpful Tips Every Bridesmaid Should Know.
In life, everyone at some point will be asked by a gal pal to be the honoured bridesmaid, and here at Ruffles and Bells HQ, we thought it would be good to brainstorm some ideas on what we think you need to do to be one of the best bridesmaids for your bride-to-be!
- Always offer to help with any pre-wedding tasks. The obvious "Would you like me to accompany you on the hunt for bridesmaid dresses" but you can also help out with the little details whether that is helping look for a stylist, florals, linen.
- Personally, you can keep an eye out for any bridesmaid dresses, accessories or wedding accessories that will help your bride-to-be.
- If there is a Maid of Honour offer to help co-host the hens or bridal shower with the bridal party.
- Remember to be alert and ready to handle any tasks that are thrown your way on the day!
- Make sure that you are looking after the bride's train (if she has one)
- Always accompany the bride to the restroom, she will need help.
- Remember to be a trooper, it is a stressful day but it is your brides special day.
- As soon as the bridesmaid's dress is agreed on order it as soon as possible, it will make your life easier if it changes.
- Unlike the guests at the ceremony, you will be standing on your feet most of the day and it starts long before the ceremony begins. So make sure that you are wearing comfortable shoes, if they are new definitely break them in!
- If your bride is to follow the trend of the mismatched bridesmaid dresses, make sure that the bride says yes to the dress and that it works with the other dresses in the bridal party. It's better to get a yes from the bride first.
- If you are stuck with a bad bridesmaid dress, be gracious and don't complain. Besides, it's not your day and you're doing this for a friend.
- Provide endless support during the planning and on the day of the wedding!
Image by Free The Bird Photography.
Hopefully, some of these tips will help you out when you become a bridesmaid.